Thank you for your interest in adopting through Spence-Chapin! We are able to share the profiles of children who are considered to be the most in need and are waiting internationally to be matched with an adoptive family. The children featured on this page have been waiting for the longest to find families and consist of children who are older, part of a sibling group, or children with a diagnosed medical condition. In order to respect the privacy of these children, this page has been password protected.
Spence-Chapin takes the privacy rights of the children that we are seeking to place very seriously, and share the profile with you under the following conditions:
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF PASSWORD ACCESS
That you acknowledge and understand that
1. Misuse of the content, and/or linking to any sites that reflect practices that involve the sale, abduction, exploitation, or trafficking of children is strictly prohibited.
2. You have been given limited access to confidential information in the form of images that you will not disclose to any person or in any manner that is inconsistent with applicable policies and procedures of Spence-Chapin Services to Families and Children.
3. The confidentiality obligation shall continue indefinitely, including at all times after my association with Spence-Chapin Services to Families and Children.
4. You are not permitted to release, copy, distribute, or sell any of these images to third parties in any form.
5. Impermissible disclosure of the images may result in legal actions being taken against you, by or on behalf of that person.
6. You are doing this freely, voluntarily and with a full understanding of what you are agreeing to by entering/accessing this blog.
7. Thank you for your interest in providing a loving home for a waiting child! We look forward to connecting with you soon to continue discussing adoption paths at Spence-Chapin. We hope that you like us on Facebook, follow us on twitter, and keep up with our families through our adoption blog!
The Adoption Team at Spence-Chapin
We are looking for a loving and dedicated permanent family for a sweet 8-year-old boy named Kenny. Kenny has been diagnosed with severe Autism and learning delays. He is non-verbal, but understands both English and Mandarin Chinese, his first language.
Kenny has been raised in a loving family since birth, but due to family circumstances, his biological parents feel that they do not have the emotional or physical resources needed to fully provide for all that Kenny needs long-term. They are actively looking for a permanent family for their son that will be able to meet his needs, and provide the love and care they know he deserves.
Kenny is Chinese, and was born in the United States, but spent most of his childhood in China with his parents and grandparents. He and his family immigrated to NYC over a year ago and Kenny currently lives in NYC with his parents and younger brother. Kenny is in good physical health and attends public school in a special education setting. His current speech and language development are severely delayed, and he receives special education services as part of his IEP. Kenny enjoys school and has received positive reports from his current teachers. He also engages well with new caregivers and teachers he encounters.
Kenny can do many things independently like toileting and feeding himself, running and jumping, etc. His mother feels that he needs more appropriate services to help him improve his communication and socialization with others. He plays mostly independently and enjoys electronic games.
Kenny is being seen regularly by a pediatrician and is up to date on all of his immunizations and check-ups. In addition, Spence-Chapin’s pediatrician has seen Kenny for a physical exam.
Kenny’s parents are looking to make an open adoption plan for their son through Spence-Chapin’s Domestic Special Needs Adoption Program. They are looking to find a loving family that can provide all the attention, time, care, and access to resources that Kenny needs. If you would like to be considered as a forever family through Spence-Chapin’s Domestic Special Needs Adoption Program, please submit our free Domestic Special Needs Adoption Pre-Application and send us a copy of your current home study (home visit completed within the past 12 months), conducted by a licensed adoption agency. Families living anywhere in the United States are welcome to apply. We are unable to consider families that do not have a current home study or a home study completed by an independent social worker.
To learn more about Kenny and our Domestic Special Needs Adoption Program, or to request the password for the password-protected page of Kenny’s profile, please contact Leah Klein in our Adoption Inquiry Department by filling out the form below or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-400-8150.
*Name has been changed. In order to maximize the placement opportunities for Kenny, his birth parents have authorized Spence-Chapin Services to Families and Children to post this non-identifying description of him on the Waiting Children page of Spence-Chapin’s website.