February 26, 2024
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Hosted by AFFCNY & Spence-Chapin
Adoption Unfiltered models the importance of adults in adoption working together in the spirit of curiosity and empathy—to learn and do better for future generations of adoptees and their first and adoptive families.
The panel presentation is composed of:
- Claudia Corrigan D’Arcy, Birth Parent
- Anna Grundström, Adoptee
- April Dinwoodie, Adoptee
- Jess Tennant, Non-Adopter/Ally
- Gabrielle Glaser, Journalist/Ally
- Ashley Mitchell, Birth Parent
Book Signing by the Authors:
- Sara Easterly is an author of books and essays, including her multi-award-winning memoir, Searching for Mom. She is Founder of Adoptee Voices and a trained course facilitator with the Neufeld Institute.
- Kelsey Vander Vliet Ranyard is a birth mother and a passionate advocate for adoption reform. She is the policy director at a nonprofit that works on private adoption policy issues and co-hosts the birth mom.
- Lori Holden, adoptive parent and adoption educator, is mom to two young adults. She writes at LavenderLuz.com, is the author of the acclaimed book The Open-Hearted Way to Open Adoption, and hosts the podcast Adoption: The Long View.