Spence-Chapin provides free options counseling for pregnant women & biological parents.If you are unsure about parenting, you have choices in creating the best plan for your baby or child. This is your decision and we are here to help.
- FREE, confidential, and unbiased pregnancy options counseling.
- We will visit you anywhere in the New York City metro area! (Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Bronx, Long Island, the Hudson Valley, Westchester, New Jersey and Connecticut)
- We cover pregnancy related expenses.
- We can connect you to quality prenatal care.
- FREE interpreters and our staff speaks English, Spanish, and Chinese.
- Considering adoption? Click to read FAQs online.
Not sure if you are pregnant or seeking medical help? Here are resources to explore:
Medical and Prenatal Care
These providers offer medical and prenatal care and answer questions related to pregnancy:
Text and Online chat with Planned Parenthood:
Text “PPNOW” to 774636 (PPINFO) · www.plannedparenthood.org/all-access/chat
Choices Women Medical Center
Women’s Health Services:
147-32 Jamaica Ave, Jamaica, NY 11435
(718) 534-3800 · www.choicesmedical.com
Health services in Manhattan:
227 Madison St, New York, NY 10002
(212) 238-7000 · www.gothamhealth.org/centers/gouverneur.html
MIC Women’s Health
Centers in Brooklyn serve the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, and Staten Island (718) 522-1144 · healthsolutions.org/mic
National: 800-230-PLAN (7526) – for routing to local resources
New York City: (212) 965-7000
26 Bleecker St · (Manhattan)
21-41 45th Rd · (Queens)
44 Court Street, 6th Floor · (Brooklyn)
2nd Floor, 349 E 149th Street · (Bronx)
23 Hyatt Street · (Staten Island)
Ironbound Health Center:
70 Adams St #13, Newark, NJ 07105
Chubb Health Center:
240 Mulberry St, Newark, NJ 07105
East Orange Health Center:
560 Dr Martin Luther King Jr Blvd #100, East Orange, NJ 07018
Montclair Health Center:
29 N Fullerton Ave, Montclair, NJ 07042
Elizabeth Health Center:
1150 Dickinson St, Elizabeth, NJ 07201
Englewood Health Center:
46 N Van Brunt St, Englewood, NJ 07631
North of NYC:
Yonkers Health Center:
20 S Broadway, Yonkers, NY 10701
White Plains Health Center:
175 Tarrytown Rd, White Plains, NY 10607
Hempstead Health Center:
540 Fulton Ave, Hempstead, NY 11550
Glen Cove Health Center:
110 School St, Glen Cove, NY 11542
West Islip Health Center:
180 Sunrise Hwy, West Islip, NY 11795
Smithtown Health Center:
70 Maple Ave, Smithtown, NY 11787
Stamford Health Center:
35 6th St, Stamford, CT 06905
MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES
- Lifenet: 1-800-LIFENET (1-800-543-3638) is a free, confidential help line for New York City residents available 24/7. The hotline’s staff of trained mental health professionals help callers find mental health and substance abuse services.
- Suicide Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255 or website: www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org.
- NYC Well: 1-888-NYC-WELL (1-888-692-9355) 24/7 Suicide prevention and crisis counseling, Peer support and short-term counseling via telephone, text and web, Assistance scheduling appointments or accessing other mental health services, Follow-up to check that you have connected to care
- NJ Family Help Line: 1-800-THE KIDS (1-800-843-5437) If you’re feeling stressed out, call the Family Helpline and work through your frustrations before a crisis occurs.
ADDITIONAL COMMUNITY RESOURCES
- Health Hotlines for Moms: partners.text4baby.org/index.php/health-info-for-moms
- NYC Sexual Health Clinics: Health Department Sexual Health Clinics provide low- to no-cost services www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/services/sexual-health-clinics.page
- Prenatal Care Assistance Program (PCAP): Medicaid and WIC for low-income pregnant and newly parenting women in New York State, 1-800-522-5006
- NYC Women’s Health Services: Comprehensive prenatal and family planning services, 866-642-5589
- NJ Family Care: Insurance for low-income, pregnant and newly-parenting women and their families 1-800-701-0710 www.njfamilycare.org
- NJWIC State Office: 609-292-9560 www.state.nj.us
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- NYC Parent Helpline: 1-800-CHILDREN (244-5373)
- South Hampton Women Infants and Children (WIC) Program: 631-268-1020
- Suffolk County Perinatal Coalition: 631-475-5400
- Nassau County WIC Program: 516-571-1WIC (1942)
If you are experiencing a medical emergency, are in danger, or are feeling suicidal, call 911 immediately.