Last year Spence-Chapin staff and community participated in the NYC Pride March for the first time and had a memorable experience! We’re thrilled to be walking in the March alongside LGBTQ parents, their families, and their allies again on June 25th and we invite you to join us! We learned a lot last year. Here are 5 key takeaways.
1. There are multiple exit points throughout the march. Come walk with us for a few blocks or the entire route!
2. Marching contingents are given check-in and step-off times. We will wait in the formation area near Grand Central Station for about 2 hours before our group officially enters the march. If you join us, we encourage you to bring food, water, sunscreen, and other necessities. There are portable relief facilities and water filling stations at several points within the formation area.
3. Since we will have young children in our group, we will likely be placed at the front of the march meaning less wait time in the formation area.
4. The march typically takes 60-90 minutes to travel from formation to dispersal area (near Stonewall Inn).
5. We had fun and rewarding day in the sun! It was amazing to hear from spectators along the route about how they were connected to the adoption community.
All are invited to join us as we celebrate the LGBTQ community so bring your closest friends and family members. Email [email protected] to learn more and sign up!